Friday 27 March 2015

Bambino Mio Miosolo Reusable nappies review

Bambino Mio Miosolo

As part of the Prima Baby Awards, I was asked to judge some reusable nappies. As a reusable nappy Virgin, I did a little research into the brands I'd be judging and spoke to some friends who use cloth nappies to obtain a little background into the benefits of reusables versus disposables. 

When I opened the judging pack, the Miosolo stood out straight away with a beautiful ladybird print. The Ladybird Ball (very girlie and pretty made me ponder extending my family to include a girl so that she could wear pretty things...) however, I digress; I washed it, which helps to improve the absorbency and decided to try it out during the day. It dried quickly and easily in the warmth of the conservatory.

I was impressed by its ease of use. Velcro tabs enabled me to adjust the waist and the poppers allowed be to amend the fit promptly and without fuss.



The nappy has a built in liner, this means that there's no additional stuffing needed and the 'all in one' design certainly increased its appeal to me. It was very absorbent; even after a few hours of baby moving around, it kept in place with no leaks and still had a snug fit. His skin still felt supple and no soreness or moisture seemed to touch his skin whilst wearing it.

Impressed, I washed and dried it again and decided to use it overnight. As Isaac is still a regular night feeder, in 9 hours, it was very wet! However he remained very comfortable, as the absorbent liner took any moisture away from his skin. Soiled nappies wash efficiently also. 

Bambino Mio Miosolo come in a range of designs, so rather than keeping him in a girlie design, I invested in some more of their lovely nappies; the spring and summer designs are lovely and again, wash really well. 

I'm not a complete convert to cloth nappies as yet, but frequently use them as a night nappy as I'm so impressed by their absorbency! I now have a list of 'wants' from their range, including Elephant Parade, London Calling and their new designs are beautiful!

Well done Bambino Mio Miosolo on your Gold Prima Baby Award. Bambino Mio Miosolo are available from several retailers. I purchased the Spring and Summer designs on Amazon and they cost around £15-£20 per nappy. Waitrose have also recently been appointed as a stockist.

1 comment:

  1. I've never used reusable nappies either but they are just so much prettier! Interesting to hear that they perform well over night too.

    ReplyDelete