Friday 5 December 2014

Prima Baby Awards 2015

At one month after Isaac's operation, he was healing well (despite a few episodes of bleeding from his cleft side nostril due to Row, Row, Row your boat related incidents with his big brother!) 

We were invited down to London for the day to visit the Prima Baby office and judge at the prestigious Prima Baby Awards. I was excited and did lots of research on the categories we'd been allocated for our day of judging! 

Excitedly, with a skinny latte in hand and Isaac in my Connecta sling, I travelled from Newcastle down to Kings Cross on the 7.04 direct Flying Scotsman service. Isaac slept and fed most of the journey. It was trouble free and I was able to continue to glance over my product notes and relax. It's an odd feeling not having a toddler in tow, I continually looked around frantically looking for Little Mr Energetic; anticipating a chat about diggers and trucks! I've got to admit, the silence was bliss! (Sorry to my husband being left with aforementioned toddler...)

When we arrived at Kings Cross, we were greeted by one of the writers, Alison and travelled over to the office by car. Arriving at the office was quite overwhelming. I'd spoken to Alex, the deputy editor on phone a few times and it felt like I was meeting a friend. The other judges had arrived and began to look through and discuss the products.

We met the other judges, several known names in the baby world and a few readers of the magazine who'd applied and been selected. Such a lovely bunch! The day passed by with a vast array of baby paraphernalia to be put to the test (unfortunately I'll not be revealing any spoilers, but I assure you, there were so many wonderful products put through their paces!) I'm hoping to do some review writing on my blog about some of these lovely products after Christmas. 

After a long day of reviewing. I was invited to choose some products to take home! Wow, so many beautiful things to choose from! With a couple of additional bags to carry, I was set for my return journey home and informed that some additional products for judging would be sent out to me in order to give further feedback on! I love a freebie! 

A delayed train and a tired baby weren't a good combination for the journey home! Isaac eventually relaxed and cluster fed for the majority of the journey home, with a few breaks to nap. 

We had an amazing day and it was an honour to be there! I now have a wish list of products that I NEED! A big thanks to Prima Baby and Pregnancy Magazine for inviting me along!

No comments:

Post a Comment