Saturday 26 September 2015

My reason for writing; the amazingly talented, Roald Dahl

This week, many schools have been celebrating Roald Dahl dress up day. As someone who used to work in teaching, I'm a little jealous that I'm no longer in the classroom to witness the children (and staff!) in their finery and dressed as some amazing characters. If I were to get dressed up, I'd likely to get dressed as the Grand High Witch from The Witches or Mrs Twit from The Twits. 

In my youth, Roald Dahl was my go to author. I owned a wide collection of his books and used to get lost in them; with some amazing language and use of description, I'd often feel like I was a part of the story. Be it as an onlooker, but they really captured me and my imagination. 


Roald Dahl is the key reason why I love to write. Why I aspire to write more and complete further writing projects on a range of subjects. So today, I thank him for inspiring me. RIP Roald Dahl, an inspirational man and a first class writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment