Monday 25 January 2016

BBQ Pulled Pork Pasta

I often take inspiration for my home cooking from meals that I've eaten out. Recently, at a popular chain Italian restaurant, I enjoyed a pasta dish of pulled pork and venison and attempted to do a simplified version of it at home and it's been quite a hit! 

I use Tesco BBQ pulled pork and make my own accompanying sauce to compliment it. Here's my version. This usually serves 2 hungry adults and 2 toddlers!


Ingredients
A pack of BBQ pulled pork (or make your own!)
A few mushrooms, chopped finely
Half a leek chopped finely
2 fresh beef tomatoes chopped
250ml of passata
A clove of minced garlic
A sprig of chopped Rosemary
A splash of red wine
Ground black pepper
Drizzle of olive oil
Pasta, we prefer fusilli

What to do
1. Cook the pulled pork according to the pack instructions.
2. Chop the mushrooms, leek and tomatoes and cook with a little olive oil on a high heat.
3. Add the garlic, passata, red wine and Rosemary.
4. Simmer the sauce for around 20 minutes until it reduces a little. 
5. Cook your pasta according to the instructions on the pack.
6. Shred the pulled pork and add it to the sauce.
7. Add the BBQ sauce to the tomato based sauce and stir.
8. Add a little black pepper.
9. Add the cooked pasta to the pulled pork and sauce and mix together. 
10. Serve and enjoy! 

1 comment:

  1. Pulled pork will not be tolerated in my house, sad as it's one if my favourites! This sounds yummy

    ReplyDelete